Friday, July 25, 2008

No More White WALLS















So finally after 2 years I decided I was fed-up with white walls. I took 2 days off last week and painted my loft and entire living room...vaulted ceilings and all. It was extremely hard and tiring but it looks great now. I could not have done it with out the help of my girls, Eden, and Aaron (Eden's boyfriend). It took 4 long days and now it needs some good decorating sense but I love it. The wall along the stairs is Lincoln Cottage Brown. The loft is Mesa Tumbleweed & the other accents are Faint Maple. I was going to the entire room the cottage brown but Ricky did not approve. It was pretty dark however I did get to keep one wall. It looks good, pic's don't do it justice. I am going to add the dark blue (office wall color) behind the amore' in the loft but haven't done that yet. All these colors tie the house together. Next is adding curtians, pictures, accessories, etc. That's the fun part :). Here are some pic's. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

lisa said...

LOVE THE COLORS AMY!!!!! You always do a great job with colors. I, too, love picking colors. I can't believe you painted all that in 4 days. You are crazy. :) Picking out accessories and curtains will be fun! I'm in that same process right now. So fun!

P.S. We can't WAIT to see you and the girlies in just TWO WEEKS!!!!!

Jan Kok said...

I think I am now able to leave comments...so this is basically a test =)

berrymama said...

You did an awesome job with the colors!! Doesn't it change the whole feel of the house? It looks beautiful!! Barb DV

Anonymous said...

Is the faint maple the color used on the wall going up the stairs?